2008年12月16日星期二

France Vichy Cosmetics: to blog or not to blog

The problem is that Delphine has the responsibility of the false blog created for the launching of a new anti-aging cosmetic product of France Vichy.

Although I seldom read blog on the internet, I do buy cosmetics products including those of Vichy according to the evaluations on the internet written by people who really have their personal experiences, e.g. classified forum and BBS. Why do I prefer to do that? First, I do not trust the promotion brochure of the company. I feel that the companies will only list or even exaggerate the advantages of the product. Second, I want to know the application effect of the woman who has the similar skin condition as I have to make a better judgment whether it is appropriate for me.

If I were one of the false blog readers, I would feel angry that I had been cheated and would not know whether to trust the blog content or no in the future. Therefore I would like to suggest Delphine to compensate the hurting feelings of the people. It is right for her to apology sincerely in public just like what we would do in real life when we make a mistake. But there is no need to do that in the traditional communication methods since it faces mostly different audience compared with the new methods. What we will do is to diminish the negative effect not to diffuse it.

As for the blog, surely it should continue since it is such a terrific way for better knowing the potential customers. If I were Delphine, I would dispatch free samples of this new product among bloggers and ask these real persons to report their individual experiences with the product on the internet. Vichy is a famous international company, Delphine should have confidence in its product. Even though it is quite possible that not all the reporters will give positive feedbacks, there will certain people who match with the product. Such kind of diversify is one character of today’s market: everybody enjoys a piece of cake and no one takes all of it.

没有评论:

发表评论